torsdag 22 juli 2010

Profilen: Asuka Matsuhashi

Some people really live for their passions and Asuka Matsuhashi is definitely one of them. This 22 year old Japanese girl workes really hard to be able to travel around Europe - and she has now visited almost 200 European cities since her first trip! Fulfilling your dreams, experiencing new cultures and meeting new persons is inspiring and we truly agree with Asuka: traveling is great!

Name: Asuka Matsuhashi
Age: 22
Lives in: Tokyo

Tell us about yourself, who are you?
I'm Asuka, 22years old, living in Tokyo. Since I was 17 I had worked and lived in a hostel in Tokyo for nearly 3 years and I learned a lot from the experience. My personality is based on the time spent with lots of travelers from all over the world.

How did your interest for traveling begin and do you remember your first trip?
My interest for the traveling is definitely from the hostel work because I met travelers everyday. My first trip by myself was when I was 18, I decided to go to Europe for 3 month. I thought nobody knows what happens tomorrow, and I knew I was young, I thought I wanted to do something important than flowing in the line that I was in.

At that time I was so ignorant that I didn't even have a credit card. I remember it was quite tough! But I was impressed by every single thing that I see, like beautiful western buildings and small differences in the culture! When I came back to Japan I was totally a different person. I was more open, talkative and was maybe a bit more tough.

You have visited almost 200 cities in Europe and in order to be able to do that you have to work alot, is it worth it?
It is totally worth it. Of course I cannot do this forever. But I cannot find anything better to spend money on than traveling so far. It's not only about seeing things I haven't seen and getting to know the cultures that I didn't know. But most importantly I meet people. I get big influences that change my mind and the way of thinking from people I met. They don't only open my door to something new, but also we sometimes become very very very good friends, and it makes me keep coming back to Europe to visit them.

Which is your favourite country/city?
To travel, Portugal and Italy! Beautiful place, beautiful culture, things are different and simply interesting.
But to live, and to love, Stockholm! It stands in somewhere very special in my heart. That was also one reason that I traveled, to find a place that I want to live in the future, since I wasn't planning to live in Tokyo forever. When I came to Stockholm I just felt that I found the place to be. I fell in love with Stockholm.

Best trip you ever made?
By myself, Lisbon.
I met so many nice people,hung around and did a bar crawl every day, the city itself is very beautiful, colorful, old, there are many things to see, and also the night life was amazing. the bar district has bars literally next to next, so people just go in to a bar, meet new people, have a drink and go to another one altogether, one after another until the bars close then to the club ditrict, then to afterparty in the morning!

With people, Gotland.
It was my friend's 25 years old birthday, which is very big thing in Sweden. Many of their good friends went to their summer house in Gotland altogether, and I somehow could come along. It was really cozy and comfortable to spend a week with them altogether. In such a beautiful island, with the best weather in a long time, we eat, sleep, play football, swim, chill out, BBQ, everyday. It was something special. I felt really happy and comfortable and natural. Maybe it doesn't sound exciting than going to a desert or something like that, but I think the most important thing is how happy I am during the trip!

Worst trip you ever made?
Casablanca. It was totally a joke. I missed a plane and stayed at the worst place ever, met some mean people and troubles just kept happening.

Do you have any dream countries to visit or have you visited them all?
My next lists are :
Israel, Argentina, Peru, Brazil, Russia, Middle East, Reunion Island, NY!

There are alot of people who love travelling and would like to have traveled as much as you, do you have any good advice for them?
Just be open. if you are open, confident, comfortable and positive about your idea , the door will be opened and things will happen to help you. Be positive and ready for whatever happening the next!

/Yasmin

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar