måndag 4 oktober 2010

Profilen: Laetitia Roggero

Here in Toulouse I have had the luck to be living with one of the coolest people I’ve met– in her fifth year of international relations with a burning interest in ecological sustainability, president of the exchange student association Môndus and recent experiences in Paris for internship, Mexico for studies and Ireland to work in an ecological village. As we know, Tastefabric loves people who go abroad to do cool things and I found it fascinating how many people on this planet who actually wants to make it a better place.

Why Ireland?

Because it's “good craic (Not the drug of course but it means « fun » in Irish). Seriously, after spending one semester in Mexico and learning Spanish, I really needed to improve my English. Ireland seemed to be the perfect destination: english-speaking country and very proactive in sustainable tourism (topic of my thesis).

What exactly was interesting with this village?

I was working in an Ecovillage, a little place in the centre of Ireland called Cloughjordan. It is a very interesting community with a lot of activities attracting international people and organizing think tanks about resilience and sustainability...And the most interesting part... I was in a village with 400 hundreds inhabitants... but with 4 pubs (!) Irish people of all ages know have to play good music and how to party!

What did you do?

I was working for a car-sharing company and making interviews/ video about what happens in the EcoVillage. You can see the video on Youtube here.

What do you want to do in the future?

In a short term view, I would love to go back to Latin America, to do an internship, maybe in Costa Rica because it would be a wonderful opportunity to discover another « green » and touristic place.

If I try to imagine where I will be in 5 years, I don't know yet but I hope I will be in a friendly place here or elsewhere, with a work which fulfils me and makes me feel useful for the society !

Any wise words?

Don't be stuck in one place because you're scared of changes. Take all the opportunities you can. And the most important thing, according to me, wherever you will live, choose a friendly and warm home; because human being is a « social animal » and you cannot fully exist and find yourself only through the eyes of someone else.

Merci Laeti and good luck in the future!

/Linnéa

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar